Tuesday, February 20, 2007

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe ala Nate Baertsch

If you like He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and She-Ra Princess of Power?
Then don't visit this blog for the next few weeks!
I'm going to be posting some of my favorite fan and professional works for MotU and PoP. It's interesting as I pull my favorites, the different little experimentations I've done over the years with these characters. Most of what will be posted has already been seen on the He-Man.org fan art forum. But here you will get to see some of them at a higher resolution than before. And on a very few, I've retouched some of them up a little nicer than they were before. This little body of work will span about for to five years. With one piece that I did traditionally way back when He-Man.org started sometime in 1998. Let me know what you think of the pieces as they pop up. If you've followed my work over at the .org, then it should bring back some funky memories. By the Power of GRAYSKULL! :)

This first piece was a fast head study of He-Man quickly colored in photoshop. The Four Horsemen recently announced that He-Man will be in Wave 6 of their mini statue line up by Neca. I doubt he'll sport a new hairdo, but I'd love to see him look a little more like this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved your style in the MOTU..well prety much everything I have seen by you. Can't wait to see what other stuff you post that I haven't seen.

Andrew Cramer said...

Now THAT is He-Man! Nate, I want my He-Man staction to look like this!

Gina said...

Love it and I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this piece before.

His hair looks perfect. I'll second the call for my staction to have this hair.